Sunday, 29 September 2013

We Built This City

Today, we have another Wands card from the Babylonian Tarot (Llewellyn, 2006), but a rather more cheerful one than yesterday!

In this Three of Wands, we can clearly see the Thoth influence with the three, crossed, rams-headed wands floating above the scene.  The main image shows Gilgamesh looks out over the city he has founded, and appreciating all that he has achieved.  He hasn't yet managed to reach immortality, which was his plan, so there is yet a way to go.  Still, he can stop and take time to honour what has been done so far.

This is a lovely card for a sunny Sunday.  A card that says, take time to appreciate all you've achieved this week, and maybe relax a little.  There'll be time on Monday to get back to work, but for today just stop and smell the roses :)

I am grateful for all I have achieved this week.

5 comments:

  1. This deck reminds me of Golden Dawn Magical Tarot...and Sol Invictus. There are only so many 'naive art' decks I can take. I am enjoying looking at it on your blog, though I don't think I'll buy this one. I wonder if the reason there aren't so many Thohty decks is because Frieda Harris did it so well. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thothy I was trying to type...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, she did do a lovely job. Still, so did Pamela Coleman-Smith, so I think there's more going on there. My favourite Thothy deck is the Vision Quest Tarot, though you might also say it is 'naive' (though rather more slick than this or the Golden Dawn Magical Tarot by the same author as this). There's also the Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn, which I've used once or twice, but never for daily draws...

      Delete
  3. I am going to take this advice to heart.:D

    ReplyDelete