Sunday, 13 October 2013

Calm After The Storm

On this Sunday morning, we have another gorgeous card from the Wicca Moon Tarot.

In this version of the Seven of Pentacles there is a snowy landscape presided over by grey, leafless trees.  Yet, the view is brightened by daffodils and smaller yellow and purple blooms.

Traditionally, the Seven of Pentacles is often taken as a time to step back and assess what we've been doing.  It can suggest that any harvest will take time to come to fruition.  I see those interpretations here, too.  This isn't the full, riotous bloom of summer, just the first hints of spring.  And after the winter is a good time to take stock, see what we have and what we need, what we can start to plan for as the earth comes alive again.

Well, after everything that happened and that I learned at the UK Tarot Conference, I can certainly see the need for a calmer day to stop and assess what I gained and where I want to go from here.  And, to help the process along, Carla from Rowan Tarot came down for the Conference and stayed over, so we can talk it all over together :D

I am grateful for a quiet day with a good friend.

5 comments:

  1. How good to hear you've had such great learning experiences. And lovely that you and Carla can share feeling and impressions about these two day afterwards. I think that's so important when you've been at an major event :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's wonderful to decompress with someone else who's been through it, too :) It was just great!

      Delete
  2. Hope you and Carla enjoy your day. I had a late arrival home last night due to some 'signal problems' on the detoured train to Yorkshire that had to pass through Lincolnshire... lol but I got here in the end and it is very nice indeed to have a day to just sit with all the impressions. It was so good to see you and Carla there and I enjoyed your talk very much. Lots of love to both of you! xoxo PS. thought you might enjoy this little Tarot Conference slideshow I put together http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4d7a67794d5449784d6a513d0d0a&blogview=true&campaign=blog_playback_link&partner=google

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely way to get a little view in your lives :)
      Thanks Lisa

      Delete
    2. We had a lovely time, Lisa. Sorry you got delayed, but I bet it was good to be home again, too. Thanks so much for sharing your slideshow - such fun! I may have to try out smilebox :)

      Delete