Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Flying Bunny

Well, well, look what we have here!  Once again, the Tower comes to seek me out.  Perhaps that's why today's post is so late, I couldn't face my stalker once again...

In this version from the Badger's Forest Tarot (GameCrafter, 2013), we have a cute bunny flying through the air.  Sttones and scree tumble around it from the side of a rocky cliff face that seems to be sliding down beneath its legs.  Lightning jags through the sky above, and the bunny seems to be in free fall!

The fact that we can't see the ground and don't know what faces our poor bunny makes this card all the more ominous.  However, on the plus side, the positioning of the rabbit's legs makes it seem as though it may have taken a leap to try to escape the chaos of the cliff beneath its paws.

And doesn't this well describe the paradox of the Tower?  While something may happen that jars us out of our sense of security, it also offers us the opportunity to take a leap into something new, if we can just work up the courage to let go of what was.

It's funny, as I have actually taken a leap in a new direction today.  How it will work out, only time will tell.  However, I'm hoping that, despite all the strange newness, it will be a move towards growth and new possibilities...

I am grateful for having to do things a different way.

4 comments:

  1. Yes is can be strange, that something disastrous can also bring an opportunity to grow. I wish the disaster didn't have to happen but I'm would want to return it's gifts. So it all comes down to courage (again) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, sometimes I feel like such a scaredy, and yet I do still take some leaps :)

      Delete
  2. Cute but terrifying!

    I admit I got the Tower a couple of times recently (yesterday and today) in some draws I did, but I am not yet sure what to make of it. Oy vey.

    OXOX,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an excellent description, MM! As I say, I don't think it's always bad to be pushed out of our comfort zone...
      Hugs,
      Cxxxx

      Delete