Saturday, 19 October 2013

Heron

It's Saturday again, and time to change deck.  This week, I'll be drawing from the Tarot of the Hidden Realm (Llewellyn, 2013). 

The huge majority of the cards in this deck focus on one - or at most two - individuals, with minimal use of man-made objects or symbols.  One exception to this is the Aces, which all feature different woodland creatures.

Here, on the Ace of Swords, we have an elegant heron on a simple, purple background with a ribbon-like detail.  The heron has a clarity of focus that suits this card well.  For instance, it stands waiting for fish to come close enough to catch, assessing the water currents and the fishes habits to judge the best spot on any given day.  The Ace of Swords, likewise, can be seen as representing the mind's ability to assess and plan, to see what facts are relevant.

For myself, what I see today is more the new communication aspect of this card.  We'll be meeting up with a heap of cousins today, and it will be the first time Big Boy has seen them in nearly two years.  At not quite six, two years is a long time, and they're all communicating so much better these days.

I am grateful for the chance to establish new lines of communication.

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this week with the Hidden Realm tarot. You may remember I wasn't that pleased with the lack of symbolism and action on the cards, but perhaps you will reveal an other side of this deck for me.
    I wish you all and especially Big boy a wonderful day.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen, yes, I remember your review of it. Still, the pictures are so pretty... And so far, I'm enjoying it :)
      Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
      Cx

      Delete
  2. Pretty card! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cards are beautiful, and while some people find them a bit close-up, a bit static, I have to say I'm really enjoying them :)

      Delete
  3. We have herons and egrets everywhere up here, their patience once they set to waiting is incredible... Then snap, success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that visual - the patience and also the ability to react quickly when it's called for :)

      Delete