Thursday, 31 October 2013

L-O-V-E

Image courtesy of the Bridgemaker
Previous / Master / Next

Though various people around the world today will be celebrating Hallowe'en or Samhain, this round of the Tarot Blog Hop is going somewhere else entirely.  Our wrangler, the Queen of the Court Cards, Alison Cross, decided our topic for today would be love :D

So, whether you've popped in from the previous post, or came backwards from the next, or just appeared here through the power of the interwebs, I hope you're feeling loved up.  If not, here's a little spread to help explore love in your life.

L - What or whom do I LOVE?
O - What is creating OPPOSITION to this love right now?
V - What VISION will help cut through that opposition?
E - How can I best EXPRESS this love?

Deciding to use one of the decks I most love, I pulled out my ultra-trimmed DruidCraft Tarot (Connections, 2004, art by Will Worthington) to give this spread a try.

LOVE -  The Fool
I love the new possibilities that are opening up in my life right now.  There's certainly enough of them: I'm pregnant, about to move home, and working on an exciting new project, too.

OPPOSITION - King of Cups
Bah, the King of Cups is my sense of duty to finish my Masters dissertation, which is colliding with that new project.  He is also a wet blanket, getting upset at the thought of leaving a home I have been very happy in, and worrying about the emotional impact on my son of having a sibling, and on the new child of having to deal with a disabled brother.

VISION - The Hermit
Hmm, seems I need to look inside to figure out what I really want.  Some meditation will help clarify if the King of Cups is a voice I need to listen to, or just a distraction from plunging into the future.  Studying what I want and what I can do to help grow these different parts of my life will cut through the emotional barrage.

EXPRESS - Six of Cups
I can best express all these different loves by allowing myself to remember the joys of childhood, by focusing on the simple pleasures that fill my heart.  If it doesn't wake delight in me, it's probably not right for me. 

I'd love to hear how you get on with this spread...

Previous / Master / Next

22 comments:

  1. When I look at the last card I feel a sigh of relieve coming up. There you are in your new house with two children getting along just fine Don't worry to much :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely way of seeing it! Thanks, Ellen :)

      Delete
  2. "I can best express all these different loves by allowing myself to remember the joys of childhood, by focusing on the simple pleasures that fill my heart. If it doesn't wake delight in me, it's probably not right for me. "

    DAYum if THAT's not a grand focus where the details present in childhood simplicity wisely open a portal to the whole of your big picture! saWEETly resonant clarity in that! Love is certainly no 4-letter word here. Great spread.

    Happy Hallowe'en and have a Spooktacular day, Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jordan, I love the way the cards help us find that focus :)

      Delete
  3. I think Mr Hoggard has perfectly rounded up my thoughts and I'd be hard pressed to say it any better... so I will just reiterate - Great spread! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very cute spread and I like the way you've laid them out to make L-O-V-E. :) Nice work! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only way they'd fit on the scanner, so I had to think outside the box ;)

      Delete
  5. Chloe - I love this wee spread and your trimmed Druidcraft is making me salivate for my own trimmed version!! Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, I think you've got a trimmed one now, hope you're loving it!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely reading! I really like the mnemonic to help remember the spread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first time I've created a spread that way, I think, but it just jumped out at me :)

      Delete
  7. Really lovely spread!! I will try this. It's simple, eloquent, and to the point :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so, Olivia, and hope you found it helpful! :)

      Delete
  8. I love this beautiful and deep reading!!!. Buena vibra and Muchas Estrellas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LM. Love underlies it all, doesn't it :) Gracias por pasar por aquí, y muchas estrellas!

      Delete
  9. "If it doesn't wake delight in me, it's probably not right for me." This resonates with me too. Seems a few of us are walking this way at the moment. Wishing you all the best for your new beginnings and projects Chloe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Sharon, and good luck with yours, too! :)

      Delete
  10. Wow. Chloe! You're the mistress of simple but impactful spreads. Remember the last one I did after that blog post? I am definitely doing this one. Cant wait. Oh yes...didnt realise you were pregnant.. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Joanna. Glad you like it, and hope you found it helpful if you did give it a go. As for being pregnant, I have kept it pretty quiet ;)

      Delete
  11. Oh, done Ali's deck (fyi :) ) and I love the spread. I think Ellen's interprtation is rather apt... Enjoy having the two of them! :) And congratulations to you on your pregnancy! When are you due honey?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky Ali, that's very kind of you! Glad you like the spread, and yes, Ellen's interpretation is lovely :) I'm due mid-March - a little Piscean...

      Delete