Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Lennie Week 12 - Día de los Muertos

Continuing with our spooky theme, here is another deck with a Halloween air, this time based on the Mexican Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead).  Edmund Zebrowski recently brought out minis of some of his decks, and also issued a second edition of this deck for Halloween, including playing card inserts, which I'm sorry to say has sold out already!   If we're lucky, they'll be available again next year...


On to today's reading: Rider, Mountain, Coffin.

An information blockage causes stagnation: sounds like Mercury retrograde.
Delayed information leads to sickness: not knowing there's a vaccination so you get the disease, for instance.
News is delayed by illness: the person in the know falls sick and the message doesn't get through.
Feeling unwell is an obstacle to exercise.

I hope that last one doesn't prove true, I'm often grouchy if I can't exercise.  More to the point, I will make an effort not to let any internet troubles get in the way of my work today.  Our internet has been glitchy for the last month, but I've been finding ways to work around it, using different software or doing more things off-line and the just popping on to post or send them.

I am grateful for the reminder that it's possible to live without the internet.

6 comments:

  1. Cute deck. Remember Mercury is in retrograde, so maybe your internet will suddenly be better after 7th November. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Still, the troubles started before Mercury went retrograde, so I won't hold my breath. I think it's just BT being crap! :)

      Delete
  2. That's funny, the last meaning fits perfectly for me this week :) I've skipped my normal nightly walks because I caught a cold from my kids! Trying to get over the exhaustion so I can get back into the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're fully back in the flow now, Olivia (I know, it's been a while but life's been hectic). Ah yes, the joy of kids, always getting bugs, and those they DO know how to share ;)

      Delete
  3. Honest? I would be horrified if my internet didn't work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, if you take it in the right way it can be restful. Of course, if you've got a looming deadline, it can be awful. And if it's one of your main ways of interacting with others then it can feel like a lifeline that's been cut!

      Delete