Sunday, 27 October 2013

Lennie Week 12 - Malkiel's Lenormand

Today's deck may appeal to some for its traditional imagery, while others may be put off by the chunk of text in German at the bottom of the cards.  This is a Lenormand designed with the learner in mind, giving both key meanings and some near and far suggestions for each image.  It was created by Malkiel Dietrich, a German cartomancer who has also been creating content in English on his Youtube channel, such as the monthly reading suggestion which I tried out at the start of the month. The deck is, somewhat unoriginally, called Malkiel's Lenormand.


As for the draw, I pulled Stork, Fish and Key.  Interesting to see two cards from yesterday repeated...

Financial progress leads to increased security.
We find abundance when we open to change and new insights.
A house move certainly requires money.
Having to choose between change and security in financial matters.

I'll admit, for me abundance certainly isn't only about money.  Recently, I've been rushed off my feet, and longing for more time to do things I love.  However, with a house move on the cards, hopefully before Christmas, it's also true we've been looking to our finances.  And what I love to do has to make way for what pays the bills.

I am grateful for a quiet Sunday without big plans.

8 comments:

  1. Your Lennie weeks are always a reprieve for me from the deck enabling I get here. ha ha I'm fine with the decks I've got. My cropped French Cartomancy Cards will do me. :) You're right about that chunk of text at the bottom; it is offputting. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about yesterday's Alone Lenormand? Don't want to lose my title as the Queen of Enablers ;D Still, I'm glad you're happy with your Lenormand decks. I have to say, these days I find them almost more tempting than new tarots... eek!

      Delete
    2. I've bought six lenormand decks (traditional ones) after I've quit smoking They're cheaper than a package of sigarets :)
      But tarot decks are my new addiction now

      Delete
    3. I'm not that hot on the whole Lenormand thing. Alone Lenormand is pretty but I'd rather have tarot decks, I think. Actually I've been really getting into oracles lately. And I just got two sets of Rory's Story Cubes which I'm going to be blogging with soon.

      Delete
    4. Hee hee, Lenormand decks are definitely much better for you than cigarettes, Ellen :D And I'll look forward to seeing what you make of the Rory's Story Cubes, Carla. I got some for one of my goddaughters, and thought they could be quite interesting for divining. I think PLN did so a year or more back...

      Delete
  2. Got slapped hands yesterday for even suggesting there were multiple keywords with lenormands. Rolls eyes. Although I know squat about them, maybe they were right. I'm trying my hand this week for the first time.
    I'm not even sure I've titled the cards right, but I ain't asking again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done you! Screw 'em. ;)

      Delete
    2. Don't know what they're talking about! Not only does every reader have several personal keywords for each card, but every reader has different ones, so there are loads out there. Different writers favour different keywords for each card, and some people suggest picking just a few to start, but how you could have just one keyword for each card flummoxes me! Ditto what Carla said ;)

      Delete