Monday, 28 October 2013

Lennie Week 12 - Petit Lenormand Noir

For the rest of this Lennie Week, I want to adopt a bit of a Halloween theme.  While today's deck isn't officially spooky, I decided the fact that it's all black qualified it.  This is the Petit Lenormand Noir from the talented Robyn Tisch-Hollister (2013, I think).


Our cards today are Man, Bouquet and House.

Creative decisions about your home.
Your partner helps beautify the house.
Deciding to buy a housewarming gift.
A man receives an invitation from the family.

Well, with our house purchase due to go ahead on Thursday, today my DH and I are heading down to a paint shop to pick up some colour charts and testers (weather permitting).  While he does most of the practical stuff, I get called on for creative suggestions and decisions, as he doesn't feel confident making interior design choices.  So, a good balance of a couple of interpretations there :)

I am grateful for the joy of choosing colours for our new home.

10 comments:

  1. It is beautiful how you two compliment each other.
    happy colour hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen :) We picked out 11 different shades to try out, now we just need to wait til we have keys to paint tester spots on some walls...

      Delete
  2. Ah, interior design choices :) Lots of fun there. But not many suggestions from these three cards, hehe. Nice deck though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, I hadn't thought to look to the cards for colour suggestions, as I already have quite clear ideas. As you say, though, good thing, too, as they'd be no help :)

      Delete
  3. so the group is read across, not center out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharyn,
      You can read them either/both ways. It's very traditional in groups of cards to see the card to the right modifying the card to the left, and the way I originally learned recommended reading them as a sentence, moving forward. Both fit together if you imagine the keywords in French, or many other continental European languages. However, there are also many people who read the centre as being modified from both sides. While the former makes more sense to me linguistically, I alternate between them at different times. I probably like the centre out better in longer lines, you can take the central card as theme or verb. In any case, I certainly wouldn't say either is "better". Pick what makes sense to you, or see how the cards strike you :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, good luck getting ready for the sell, and I hope the scan went well!! (from the other day!). Lots of moving and shaking happening in your life right now! This deck is nice, I kind of like the darkness, which while being all black still manages not to feel stark :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia, on both counts :) As for the deck, I find it actually very sweet, not really dark as such, perhaps more "otherworldly" :D

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah! I meant "dark" in the literal sense of it being black. And yet it doesn't have the stark feel of black and white, it really feels endearing in a way :)

      Delete
    3. I agree :) I think it's because the actual images are drawn in such soft lines and the black, starry sky gives it a feeling of amplitude :)

      Delete