Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Let Fly

After yesterday's Eight, today we have another, this time of Wands, from the Tarot of the Hidden Realm (Llewellyn, 2013).  It's rather funny, as last week we had the Eight of Wands followed by the Eight of Swords, also on Monday and Tuesday.  Busy starts to the week...

This card certainly feels powerful and dynamic!  Look at the way her bright, red hair blows in the wind, and the tension on the bowstring as she holds her arrow knocked.  She looks determined, and very focused, in a quite different way to yesterday's character on the Eight of Pentacles.  Her focus is much more outward, on where she's aiming rather than on the tool in her hands.  Her dark dress and fiery hair give her a rather fierce air, yet there also seems to be a calm awareness in her eyes.  Altogether, I like her a lot.

What I see in this is the need to choose our goals carefully today, and line up our arrows to accomplish as many of those goals as possible, in as short a time as possible :)

So, another day of working through a long to-do list, I think.  Still, this card reminds me that if I am passionate about things, I can get a lot done.

I am grateful for the reminder to prioritise.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no, the Keira Knightley card! http://www.imagozone.ro/filme/King-Arthur/Keira-Knightley-for-King-Arthur-4?size=full

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, I hadn't seen that picture before. Let's see, this card has red hair, is fully dressed rather than wearing a skimpy leather-thong thing over her boobs, and her face is a litte more otherworldly. Other than that, yep, it could be a copy.

      Funny, cos I've never seen Guinevere as being a determined, focused woman - I see her as a bit sappy and emotional. "I love Arthur, but I'm passionate about Lancelot, woe is me, what shall I do?"

      In any case, although I find Keira quite wooden as an actor, you have to admit she's chosen very cool roles throughout her career. Powerful, determined women who go for what they want, like this Eight of Wands lady. There are worse role models I could choose for the day :D

      Delete
  2. I love it. The 8 of Wands is one of my favorite cards, and this is a really interesting version--makes perfect sense to me. I love the hair color. Makes me want to be a redhead, but not quite enough to go out and do it. :D I haven't seen Keira Knightly act, so I don't know. It's been a while since I've really seen any movies except an occasional TV episode or thing on Netflix.

    Sending arrows of goodness,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee, I think you'd look great as a redhead ;) As for Keira Knightley, I really like a lot of the roles she's chosen, and she's been around for a while. First thing of hers I saw was a Brit comedy, Bend It Like Beckham, back in 2002. And of course, she was in all the Pirates of the Carribean films! Not that we get to the cinema much, but it's fun occasionally :D

    Sending redheaded vibes,
    Cxxx

    ReplyDelete