Thursday, 3 October 2013

Overflowing Abundance

On this Thursday in October, another lovely card greets us from the Babylonian Tarot (Llewelyn, 2006).

Here we have the Three of Cups.  At the top of the card, three blue vases overflow with fresh water, which in a hot, dry region like Mesopotamia would certainly have been a welcome vision.  In fact, this type of vase, the book tells us, was called hegallu, which means "abundance".   Beneath this we have a bald, naked man carrying a basket of fruit between the trees of an orchard.

In terms of meanings, the book mentions plenty, success, pleasure, joy and celebration, as well as maternity and friendship.

This card bodes well for us exchanging contracts today.  That would certainly make my day feel abundant and worthy of celebrating!  In terms of the traditional 'supportive group of women' interpretation, I see in this the fact I'll be sending off my presentation and handouts to Kim Arnold, organiser of the UK Tarot Conference.  She's wonderfully organised with her tech, and also offers to print out handouts: most supportive!  One more task crossed from my to-do list is also something to celebrate :)

I am grateful for the abundance of well-being and good people in my life.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I am happy for you that everything is going just the way you want :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen. We haven't exchanged yet, but have every hope it will happen today (yes, in England you just hope, you don't know, very silly system). And I'm feeling quite excited about the UK Tarot Conference - was awake thinking about it quite a bit last night, trying to plan for different situations, as I don't know what level of knowledge the attendees will bring... :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sure your knowledge will be quite sufficient to answer any questions. You'll do just fine :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your lips to the Godess' ears, as they say :) Feeling better having gone through it again today with the slides in front of me. Should be fun!

      Delete