Sunday, 20 October 2013

Quiet Time

For this second day with the the Tarot of the Hidden Realm (Llewellyn, 2013), a card comes out which I had already read about over on Prince Le Normand's blog: the Two of Cups.

Two figures sit, looking quite alike with their long, tumbled brown hair and identical flower garlands.  The one on the right looks down at the cup in her (according to the companion book) hand.  She also has a tattoo on her face.  Although they sit close together, these two don't gaze at one another, as so many Two of Cups characters do.  Each seems happy with their own thoughts, together without having to be focused on one another.

In this, I see a level of comfort with one another.  It isn't the passionate connection where you can't take your eyes off the other person.  It is more the enduring love where you don't need to express everything, it is understood.  And where you can each be your own person, knowing the other supports and cherishes you for yourself.

My Dear One and I are often like this, sitting together reading or surfing, occasionally sharing a tidbit that especially pleases us.  Hopefully, we may have a little time today to find that sense of quiet and peace in each other's company, perhaps once we're home and Big Boy is in bed.  It's been a lovely weekend, but quite busy with family.

I am grateful for a partner who loves and accepts me for who I am.

11 comments:

  1. This is a pretty deck. I like the artwork. I know Ellen sent it back because it was a bit lacking in detail and movement for her. I'm not sure that would bother me; Touchstone is a favourite of mine and that is like 78 court cards! So many things I want and so little disposable cash to buy them with! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did, but I think I've made up my mind about this deck to quickly. They are already on my wishlist again. :)

      Delete
    2. Hee hee, Ellen, maybe you'll fall in love with another deck before you come back to these. As for getting the deck, Carla, if you wait a bit there's sure to be someone happy to swap for it... ;)

      Delete
  2. Again a beautiful card.I agree with you about the meaning but I also see that beautiful moment of anticipation before making a move :)
    I am glad you've had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like the idea of that moment of anticipation, too :D
      Thanks, Ellen, hope your weekend was good as well. Will pop over to your blog tomorrow, I hope...

      Delete
  3. The artwork is very good on a lot of these cards, but I must admit that I can see where Ellen was coming from. The portraits lack life for me in a lot of ways, and as much as I like the deck and will use it again, the close-ups lack space to breath for me. I do like your thoughts on this card though. My bf and I have those type of moments too and I will remember that next time this card comes up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting what you say about breathing space. I notice the tendency not to have space around objects or people to "frame" them in quite a few recent decks. Maybe something about a greater feeling of intimacy...

      Delete
  4. Hi Chloe
    Do you know why your post is over here? -
    http://trangmoschino.wordpress.com/2013/10/21/quiet-time/
    The author has posted a link to it on my blog for some reason, but I haven't published until I found out what was going on from you. It looks as though one of Carla's is on there too.
    PLN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PLN, thanks for the heads-up, I didn't know at all! Not sure whether to approach them to at least suggest they link back to me, or just take this as one of those internet things. I'm thinking they may not speak English very well, as the blog is very muddled, with posts from all over the place.
      In any case, it makes me glad that I copyright all the scans I post, as at least that way someone coming across it will know who the image belongs to :)

      Delete
  5. I know what you mean. I tried reading some of it and couldn't quite grasp where it was coming from. I initially thought they had just posted their favourite posts from around Wordpress, but I am none the wiser from reading through it. I won't publish the comment, since it isn't a comment, just a link to that post. All kind of strange.

    As they say at the doctors, keep an eye on it ;) lol

    I understand, re scans. I started to photograph my table rather than scan, to help prevent people taking the images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very good at taking photos I'm happy with, I'd rather just have the images. And copyright marking them is pretty easy...

      Delete