Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Resting Up

A far gentler and calmer Arrows (Swords) card faces us today from the Babylonian Tarot (Llewelyn, 2006).

Here, in the Four of Arrows, we see a lioness resting in a beautiful garden under a tree.  All four arrows point upwards, and are a calm, blue colour.  The companion book informs us that this lioness was injured in the Three of Arrows, and is now recuperating in the peaceful setting of a royal garden.  These ornate gardens were a favourite site for royal courtships, a peaceful retreat from the world and the burdens of state.

I like both the card's colours and image, as well as the backstory given in the book.  It fits well with traditional interpretations of taking some time out to rest or meditate, appreciating a little quiet and solitude.

You might think, given I'm posting this almost than four hours later than normal, that I managed a lie-in, as suggested by this card.  You'd be half right.  While I got up late, it was after a very restless night, as presaged by yesterday's card.  Waking just before 2am, I started worrying about our house purchase and move (the English system sucks, it's so unclear), about the UK Tarot Conference workshop I'm running next week (tech concerns, mainly), and about a work project that's begging for a bit of TLC.  Not restful!  So, having gotten up and ticked four things off my to-do list, I'm hoping I'll be able to get a bit of respite from my own worries, if not much more sleep.

I am grateful for the clarity of a to-do list.

6 comments:

  1. Great idea, Just hang your swords in that tree! :D
    Seriously, you have a lot on your plate now It is so important to take care of yourself to. And lie in is a very of a good start of the day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen. I found today, as I often do, that just getting on with things so I don't have so much stuff hanging over me works quite well :)
      Hope you had a restful day! Hugs, Cx

      Delete
  2. That's the most appealing card yet from Babylon Tarot. Very nice indeed. I hope you did manage to get some rest. Try not to let unimportant things worry you. Take care of yourself, it's a special time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love the colours and the artwork on that one, too!

      As for what you say, the question remains: what things are unimportant? ;) Not looking like a fool at the UK's biggest Tarot Conference feels kinda important, though I guess in the grand scheme of things, a little embarassment isn't all that serious... Still, I'm going to double-check all my tech, and I've already triple-backed up my presentation :)


      Delete
  3. Sorry you had a restless night. I had one of those last night too, but then I did sleep in a little bit to make up for it. Hopefully you'll have a better night tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you slept poorly, too, Siddaleah! My night was a bit better, but not by much. Can't wait til some of these big things are over and done with, great though they are! How about you, whirring brain keeping you up?
      Hugs,
      Cxx

      Delete