Monday, 14 October 2013

Tornado

Seems like the Wicca Moon Tarot is only offering us that one day of calm, as today's card is once again filled with a swirl of energy.

In this Eight of Wands, a mini-tornado seems to wrap around the eight wands that fly just above a grassy meadow.  The wands are lined up quite neatly, yet are twisted about in different directions.  A star peeks through between the leaves of the tree above, and yellow and purple flowers raise their heads to the sky.

Traditional ideas of things moving fast, of dynamism and of having to get your plans lined up can all easily be read from this.  We could also, at a more intuitive level, see a warning not to let yourself get swept away by enthusiasm...

I certainly feel the energy of today's card.  While the UK Tarot Conference was an amazing experience, I do have plenty else on my plate that was put on hold.  Even last Thursday was taken up with preparations for the Conference, such as checking my tech, getting my hair done, and choosing what to wear - all the important stuff ;D So, today is a catch-up day...

I am grateful for a busy, exciting life.

9 comments:

  1. The neat order of most eight of wands cards always make me think of a to do list. I am sure you can't live without either. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point, Ellen! I've thought of it as getting all your ideas lined up, but the to-do list is the perfect analogy :D

      Delete
  2. I agree with the to-do list. Could not live without it and it does give some order and outline. Sounds like the Conference went very well but of course now it is back to reality and all that entails. This Eight of Wands reminds me it is a good catch up day.

    It is Thanksgiving today here in Canada so most of today will be spent over at my son and his new wife's home, along with my daughter. The plan is to play some games, have some laughs and enjoy the delicious meal my son prepares. I am deciding whether or not to bring over the Tarot Game. Or maybe just a deck. It will be a whirlwind of excitement and am thankful to have such a loving, caring family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving Carol :)

      Delete
    2. How lovely, Carol! Hope you have a fabulous time with your family :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you Ellen and Chloe ... my son and daughter-in-law have three cats and a 2 year old Husky. Add more people to the mix and it will be a tornado like setting ... lol. But tons of fun. You both have great days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I looked at this, the words 'don't have a chance to let your feet touch the ground' came to mind. With having more to do, I can see that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think the Eight of Wands can often sweep us off our feet in the rush to get things done - lovely take on this card! :)

      Delete