Thursday, 10 October 2013

Trees

Another Major from the Badger's Forest Tarot (GameCrafter, 2013) comes out on this Thursday morning, reminding us that the world is a beautiful place :)

There have been many decks that show the World card as a tree, but it must be said that it seems particularly appropriate for a deck with "Forest" in its title.  Trees stand for the fundaments of what makes up our world, our sense of place.  Trees hold together the forest, homes to many, feeding others.  It's not just at the visible level of the birds in the branches, or more subtley the beetles in the bark, but even the worms between the roots, and the earth itself that is nourished by the falling berries, nuts, branches and leaves.  The tree, then, speaks of perfection, completion, homecoming, of something that underpins the next generation, the next cycle.

This is such a lovely card to get today.  It's a reminder that I have a couple of things to finish off - checking all my tech works for tomorrow's workshop at the UK Tarot Conference top among them.  However, it also reminds me that completing this is an ending, not the end.  There are still many new projects and possibilities in the world, which can nourish my soul, and which I can help grow.

I am grateful for completing some things, and knowing I will begin others, all while nourished at a soul level by the world.

10 comments:

  1. You have described the wonders of a tree beautiful. It is world on it own. I especially like the world tree of the Wildwood tarot.
    Dear Chloe, I wish you all the best and lots of inspiration/guidance for tomorrow at the conference

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen, on both counts :)
      I just love trees - definitely a tree-hugger :D

      Delete
  2. Definitely agree....with everything. I love that the Wildwood "World" card is a tree, like Yggdrasil. This version is simpler, and yet quite to the point, and what I like is that reminds us that all trees represent that connection and completion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great way of putting it, Olivia :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't realise that the conference was so near. All the very best! I look forward to hearing how it all went. I'm sure you will shine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, PLN. People seemed to like it, though someone did say I could have done at least a half day with that much material... :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting your event planned! I think that's a huge accomplishment in itself. I hope it all goes well. Sending good luck and enjoyment. XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I didn't have to do much planning, as it was all organised by the fabulous Kim Arnold - 10th Anniversary year of her Conference. Still, just the planning and prep for my little talk was plenty :)

      Delete
  5. Bags full of Muchas Estrellas!!!!!! for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hope you had a wonderful weekend, too :)

      Delete