Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Wind Tunnel

Ha, two dynamic Eights in a row from  the Wicca Moon Tarot.

Today, it is the Eight of Swords that sweeps onto our screens.  The eight blades seem almost to have been swept up by a mini-whirlwind, trapped and held just above the pretty meadow.  A couple of white feathers are caught up, too, hinting that it is a lack of bravery that keeps our thoughts trapped in these patterns. 

Yet, it is still a hopeful card.  A butterfly flutters amongst the leaves of the tree above the swords, and two dragonflies fly in front of the scene, as though examining it.  A different perspective brings the hope of change.  Sometimes, it takes an outsider's view to help us see where we've been stuck.  Other times, we can manage that change of perspective ourselves, and the first step is simply to notice the pattern we are stuck in.
It's always a tricky one to figure out how our thoughts are limiting us, seeing as we are generally inside them.  Today, I have a decision to make, and I recognise that I often let emotion take a front row seat in that process.  It's not just about who I like best, but about who I can best work with, and those two aren't necessarily the same.  So, I think I shall take up my cards to help me gain a slightly different perspective...

I am grateful for the perspective tarot offers me.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your decision. Why do you think that the feathers suggest a lack of bravery? How do you make that connection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I was thinking of the old idea of white feathers signifying cowardice, as in the film "Four White Feathers". And it seemed to fit with the Eight of Swords, where we may be stuck in a thought pattern because it's scary to change. Of course, I could also have seen them as evidence of messages from spirit that help break us out of those fixed patterns, and maybe I would on another day... :)

      Delete
  2. You are right, talking with other people is a healthy way to break free out of that whirl wind. Afterwards the silence within is almost soothing. And if others can't help you there're is always our cardboard therapist :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I like that "our cardboard therapist" :D Wonderfully put, Ellen!

      Delete
  3. Just a thought. Looking at the 8 of Wands post, this one is almost as if someone has grabbed hold of you and stopped you from moving too much - maybe a person or a situation. Maybe the constraints are there to help you rest? - your mind as well as body, after a hectic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting take, PLN. As it was, the whole week was pretty hectic, but I do hope to get a chance to rest a bit more soon... And I didn't overdo things that day, I don't think :)

      Delete