Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Cutting Through The Sadness

It's interesting just how much can come from a simple image, as demonstrated by today's card from the Bohemian Gothic Tarot (Baba Studios, 2007).

A golden-hilted sword sticks out of the earth in a graveyard, with white blossoms just behind it, a tombstone farther in the background, and an iron railing in the foreground.  The first sentence that popped into my head when I saw this card was the title above: cutting through the sadness.

Of course, digging into the symbolism, I can also see the suggestion of enlightenment coming from sowing new ideas, or of needing to be grounded in how we apply our ideas.  We could also think about what keeps new thoughts locked inside our head, rather than being put into action...

In the context of my day, I wonder whether a new idea will put some past issues to rest.  I'll be talking with my therapist later, and while many people associate Cups cards with counselling, I can also see this idea of cutting through the past, cutting through sadness, as being related.  It would be nice to have some insight to help me deal with one or two of my worries around this pregnancy, for one thing...

I am grateful for moments of clarity.

4 comments:

  1. I am very glad to hear you have a therapist who you can talk to about these issues. Sometimes it is so good to talk to a professional who is not emotional involved
    I wish you lots of helpful insights
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Ellen :) I've been seeing this therapist for a while, and as you say, it really does help to have someone to whom you can talk about very personal things, yet who isn't emotionally involved.
      Hugs to you!

      Delete
  2. I hope you find a way to ease your fears about your pregnancy! But I do understand having concerns - it's hard not to when you have a new one on the way. This deck is interesting. I hear a lot of "talk" about it, and I can see why people like it. So far the cards you've drawn give very interesting interpretations that fit with traditional meanings, but also give a new perspective, which I like a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that describes it perfectly, Olivia. It is very readable by RWS standards, yet also brings some interesting twists to the cards :) As for my therapy, we talked about some old patterns, though not about my fears around this pregnancy. Still useful, though...

      Delete