Saturday, 30 November 2013

Imbalance?

This week, it's back to tarot, with a deck published by Schiffer back in 2010: the Otherworld Tarot.  This deck has colourful, fantastical images and semi-illustrated pips, with some interesting, even unusual keywords.

Take today's card, the Two of Swords.  Keywords for me would be "stalemate", "truce", "indecision", perhaps even "unstable/untenable balance".  Imbalance isn't even close, from my perspective.

Still, I love the visual!  Snowy mountain peaks in the background, with two crossed swords in the foreground, a playful crescent moon above, and two spooky eyes gleaming from out of the night sky.  This speaks to me of being at cross purposes with yourself, of possibly seeing clearly, yet still not finding the way to wisdom.  It could also suggest a battle between our rational thoughts and our intuition...  Perhaps that is where the idea of imbalance comes in.

As a double-Gemini, I must confess I'm often in two (or more) minds about things.  Perhaps today is a day to stay with that uncertainty and see if something fertile comes of it if I don't rush to decide.  This mountains aren't going anywhere in a hurry, after all.

I am grateful for a day where I don't have to choose.

4 comments:

  1. Not choosing is a choice too but sometimes a very wise one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true, Ellen! It's choosing to put the choice off for a while, and maybe we'll get additional information in the meantime :)

      Delete
  2. Stupid and nonspiritual comment about to follow:

    Do you know what memory those mountains brought back? Are you old enough to remember Ice Magic? It was a sauce that you put on your ice-cream when I was a kid, which sets hard. I loved it and thought it was fantastic. I'd forgotten all about it until I saw this card, hehe. The mountains remind me of the bottles it used to come in.

    http://www.tvcream.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/icemagic.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, I remember that stuff! Though I only ever liked the chocolate flavour ;) Ah, memory lane..

      Delete