Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Lennie Week 13 - Everyday Lenormand

As promised yesterday, today we'll take a look at the sister deck to the Keywordy Lenormand.  The Everyday Lenormand (Tierney Sadler, 2013) uses the same, interesting, vintage black-and-white images as its sister, but with the images expanded, and just simple titles below them. 

The decks, although they both have the same purple borders, also have different backs, echoing the different treatment of the images in each.  And once again, the wrapping the deck comes in is lovely, and the deck itself is simple and practical: no extra cards, just a basic 36-card Lenormand deck. 

For today's reading we have Snake, Tower and Coffin.

As a person, this could be a female nurse.
A bureaucratic loophole is closed.
Institutional boundaries are rigid.
A deceptive sickness requires institutional assistance.
A seductress in a hospital (not sure why men have a thing about nurse's uniforms, but there you go).

I'm having some hassles with institutional rigidity at the moment.  Hopefully, a phone call today will help me clarify if and how I can best work around those restrictions. 

I am grateful for help in dealing with bureaucracies.

8 comments:

  1. This is a nice deck set. I like the simple illustrations and the keywords on the sister-deck is a nice touch. Tierney has a caring way of teaching, I have noticed, which I like (I've read her blog a few times and remember that other deck with the positions written on them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, the deck of a 1000 spreads. As you say, Tierney has plenty of gentle wisdom to share, and a nice touch with inventiveness, too :)

      Delete
  2. Love the black and white imagery against the purple background.

    I just getting back into the Lennies, and I'm hoping I might be more successful in my efforts to understand them this time round ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you've certainly been getting good advice on them from the FB lot :) And you could do far worse than this set! The Keywordy Lenormand in particular is really excellent when you're still learning ;)

      Delete
  3. Thank you, princelenormand. And thanks, Chloe! With the images for both decks, some were illustrations and some were photos. I put all the images through filters so they would all look like drawings and be more or less consistent. The coffin and the tower were both photos, for example. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't realise that! How cool :) I thought you'd just found an excellent source for vintage black-and-white images, but this is far more impressive!

      Delete
    2. Yes. It's the only "art" capability I have...using photo manipulation software...haha. But being in the advertising/graphic design business I understand the value of consistency and a cohesive look. I wish I could draw but I can't. And since there's already a stick figure deck, this was my only option. :)

      Delete
    3. I so hear you! Still, my plan is to work at improving my drawing/painting skills, and it's fun, too. Today, I'm planning to get a book on drawing for children, as that's my level :D

      Delete