Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Lennie Week 13 - Keywordy Lenormand

Today, it's back to a traditionally-inspired deck, though with a couple of interesting twists.  This is the Keywordy Lenormand from Tierney Sadler (2013).  It's designed as a learning tool, incorporating keywords in bright colours and different sizes around the image, so that they stand out and catch the eye in different ways at different times.  Other than being a nice, clear deck, with useful keywords, it also has a sister deck, the Everyday Lenormand, which I'll show tomorrow!  The idea is that if you learn with the Keywordy, the images from the Everyday will then be familiar and easy to read with.  And the Everyday is very pretty in it's own right, a good, practical deck :)

I also have to mention how these decks came wrapped and packed, because it is absolutely beautiful!  Each came in its own organza bag, wrapped in pretty paper, and sealed with a proper wax seal.  I'm a sucker for that kind of thing, and this is wonderfully done.


Anyhow, back to today's reading.  Lady, Whips and Stars.  Riffing on these I came up with:

An argumentative man on the internet - sadly, there seem to be more than enough trolls around, even within the supposedly more spiritual communities of card readers.
A fight with a man leads to greater clarity.
A sexual relationship with a man has a spiritual side.
Dealing with (or being) an abusive man requires seeking out guidance.

Well, I hope my Dear One and I don't have a fight today.  We are going to a couple of appointments together where we might well have a difference of opinion.  Hopefully, we can learn from these differing perspectives, rather than getting bitchy about it...

I am grateful for healthy debate.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely deck. It made me think of the LeNewbie lenormand. Personally I don't feel the urge to collect contemporary decks except for you Celtic one and Ciro's
    Hopefully you will come to some understanding today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like seeing what is out there on the market, and I think there's a lot of creativity in the current Lenormand trend. Still, not all decks are as beautiful as Ciro's I agree :)
      My Dear One and I did end up getting into a bit of an argument, though not about the appointments, but about his "backseat driving". Still, we sorted it out before bedtime, so that's alright *whew*

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful oracle and design! It's a very original idea, it helps to fix more easily the meanings. Muchas Estrellas!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think it's one of the clearer, nicer beginners decks out there :) Muchísimas estrellas a vos!

      Delete
  3. Oh, that's a neat deck! Every once in a while I think I might like to learn to use Lenormand cards. This would be the perfect deck to learn with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is that, Siddaleah. I like Tierney's keywords, and the way the text is done makes it easy to read, and easy to get different pings at different times :) Have fun if you do start with the Lenormands!

      Delete