Saturday, 21 December 2013

Christmas Post

Today is Yule, the Winter Solstice and the longest night of the year: the pagan version of Christmas.  And later today (at 2pm GMT), there'll be an extra post up as part of the Yule Tarot Blog Hop.  With all of this festive feeling, I decided to dig out a Christmas-themed, Majors-only deck created by Corinne Kenner back in 2010, I believe.  It appears to no-longer be available, even though at one time there was talk of a full, 78-card deck being published by US Games...

Even though I downloaded it at the time, it was only earlier this year that I finally got it printed up using printerstudio.com.  So, this is the first time I've actually had the Christmas Tarot as proper cards to play with over the festive season.  And the first card to pop out is the extremely sweet Justice. 

No stern woman with a sword between two pillars here, yet the image feels well-chosen.  A young girl in a simple, white smock bears two burning candles, and stands between two small-but-perfectly-decorated Christmas trees.  She suggests shedding light on both sides of any question, from a place of pure intent.

Today, most of my plans are Christmas-related.  Plenty of present wrapping to do, and I also need to write a bunch of cards.  Yes, I know I've left it rather late, and they may not get there in time, but these are photoshopped images of Big Boy in an elf costume, destined for rellies abroad, so I'm hoping they won't mind.  And I can just blame the much-maligned international postal service ;)

I am grateful for the ability to focus on Christmas after all the hospital focus of this last week.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely card! Since you're late already try to focus on enjoying instead of hurrying.:)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete