Monday, 30 December 2013

Dipping Into The Ocean

I love the feel of this card from the Anna K Tarot (Llewellyn, 2013).

In this Queen of Cups, we have a blonde woman sat on a rock by the sea, her bare feet in the water and one hand trailing in, too.  She wears a dress of deep blue, and holds a golden cup that is full of clear water.  Around her, the night sky twinkles gently, and a waning moon glows above.  In the distance, some trees on a promontory are silhouetted by the light of the moon.

There is such a feeling of tranquility here, of being at one with your emotions and the beauty of the world around you.  I imagine her enjoying the warmth of the water lapping at her skin, and meditating on the play of light on even the tiniest of ripples, sinking into the waters of her own soul.

I'm not sure I'll have much time for emotional introspection, but that's definitely the advice I see in this card - to take some time to look inward and commune with myself.  Perhaps I need to remember that it doesn't have to be sat somewhere special, but can just be taking a few moments of quiet to pause, breathe, and connect with my emotions...

I am grateful for the possibility for inner serenity.

2 comments:

  1. I like the last option you've suggested: to take this serene feeling with you. I have a "special place"where there is a natural well I can sit and rest anytime I want ( and remember :)). It is something similar as in this.card
    I hope today you can take those moments for yourself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember you posting about that, Ellen. I used to have a "special place" based on a waterfall I used to swim in as a kid... A good memory! :)

      Delete