Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Holding To The Truth

Another Queen comes to meet us today from the Anna K Tarot (Llewellyn, 2013).

This time, we have the Queen of Swords, in a cold and icy landscape.  She wears a dress of grey (it looks less blue in the actual card), with a coat that is blood red and trimmed in white ermine.  The Queen's jewellry is steel grey with white highlights, other than the crown, which has a red cap.  She clasps a sword's hilt in her right hand, with her left gripping the blade in a fashion that suggests she might slice the palm of her own hand.  The hill behind her is covered in snow, as are the trees in the background, and the sky is slate grey.  At a more personal level, the Queen gazes out at us in a direct and yet somehow compassionate manner.

Though some people don't seem to like the Sword's Courts, I generally do, and this Queen of Swords is no exception.  The way she holds her sword suggests to me that she is willing to face the pain of the truth, even if it cuts her.  She has been hurt before, and understands it, even accepts it.  She'd rather take the pain herself than see it visited on others.  And if they should happen to suffer, she will listen with kindness.  She won't let herself take on all of the other person's pain, but she will help in as much as a listening ear and an honest forthrightness can.

In this card, I see the recommendation to hold fast to what I know to be true today. 

I am grateful for a little objectivity.

3 comments:

  1. I think this queen's attitude fits you perfectly: professional objectivity combined with empathy and compassion. Sometimes truth has to be told but the way is will be told can make a world of difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Queen of Swords! She came up a lot when I was going through a hard time a while back, and it wasn't until I was on the other side of it that I was able to appreciate the lessons she gave me. The card above captures her energy really well! The one I find difficult is the King because my experience of him is that he's very cerebral. My partner is very much a King of Swords kind of guy. It's interesting that this card has come up for me in my 2014 readings so it looks like my inner King of Swords wants to come out next year and wave his sword at the world ;) Hope you find resolution, clarity, and peace in your dealings today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Chloë! I am sorry you are put in that position, but I know you'll do the best job possible. XOX

    ReplyDelete