Saturday, 21 December 2013

Yule Blog Hop - Illumination

Previous/Master/Next

I love Joanne's topic for this tarot blog hop: turning darkness into light.  Although I personally celebrate Yule as the longest night, I can get behind the idea that we can use this dark time to illuminate our soul, and to look towards the future.  To that end, I decided to create a spread based on light sources:

1) Candle - what spark does my soul hold at this time?

2) Lightbulb - what human agency or process will help me bring light to this area?


3) Stars - what source of guidance is available to me?


4) Moon - what reflection of the future  light can I perceive right now?


As I have for the other blog hops this year, I gave this spread a whirl with my ultra-trimmed DruidCraft Tarot (Connections, 2009).

1) Candle - The spark my soul holds at this time is the Five of Swords.  This makes me think of drawing victory from the jaws of defeat, or suceeding in something where I have failed before.   And that definitely chimes with me at the moment.  For one thing, I'm now 6 months pregnant, having lost two babies in the 8 months prior to this pregnancy.  For another, I'm just finishing up re-working a project I started over a year ago, but never did anything much with.  And finally, in the last fortnight I finally figured out what I hope is a viable plan for a goal I set myself over a year ago but had no idea how to accomplish.

2) Lightbulb -  The Princess of Swords suggests that what I need to do in all of these situations is put a bit of beginner's mind into them.  Rather than dwelling on what I did or didn't do, or what did or didn't happen, I need to approach each with openness and curiosity.  Clear communication would also be no bad idea, perhaps asking for help when needed.

3) Star - As spiritual guidance, the star to light my way, I have the beautiful Lady/Empress.  She reminds me that the world is a wonderful, abundant place, and that I am creative and nurturing.  Though I may have had setbacks in the past, I can be guided by the example of other mothers and creatrices, and have a little faith in my own ability to birth a child and a project or two.

4) Moon - In terms of the reflection of the future, the Eight of Swords is again a reminder not to let my own assumptions, prejudices and past experiences tie me up in knots and stop me from being my creative best.  I'll need to keep an eye out for this tendency in myself, remember the suggestion to seek beginners mind, and trust in the guidance of the Lady.

I hope you'll try out this illuminating spread, and let me know if you do.  In the meantime, there's plenty more blog hopping to do...

Previous/Master/Next

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful spread, Chloe, I love it and will definitely be trying it out later. I have my notebook with me this bloghop to copy down all the goods :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting spread. Like you I like to focus today on the longest night. The stilness and peaceful quiet of nature. But I think I will try this tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great spread in this hop! Thanks Chloe! I will try this one today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your spread. The best position for me within this spread is the Moon. I think when I try this one, the card within this position will have me mulling over it for a longgggg time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely spread, Chloe. I'll be trying this one out soon. Thanks so much for sharing this, and bringing some light into the dark xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice spread, I particularly like this part - what reflection of the future light can I perceive right now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, really like this spread, particularly your aspects on the light question and questions for the positions.
    Happy pregnancy this time, Chloe. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool is this! :D Adore adore adore! Great spread and I love how it uses different sources to show how light changes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very well done. I gave the layout a test drive and came up with the Ace of Swords, 4 of Swords, Ace of Wands and 6 of Swords (Alchemical Tarot by Robert Place). I interpreted my cards as suggesting that my soul-spark is the ability to think up new things, that I then must apply my thinking diligently for a time, and if I do, that marvelous new, creative work will follow and result in my being "in the flow" with the ability to convey that to others. I enjoyed this process. Well done, Tarot-sister!

    ReplyDelete