Monday, 20 January 2014

Lost In Space

Today's card from the Phantasmagoric Theater Tarot (US Games, 1998) really makes me giggle!

We have a somewhat loopy little blue alien in a purple flying saucer (decorated with the number 69).  The flying saucer is being pulled by two sea horses, who look bug-eyed crazy.  Perhaps not surprising, seeing as they do seem to be flying in the air, above a colourful landscape with a long-legged giant towering over buildings and pyramids.  There is a puzzle piece in the bottom left corner (a frequent motif and something incorporated in the card backs along with a die, a question mark and the number 56).  There is also a little pink pig with wings looking surprised to see the flying saucer :D

Certainly, the card could be read to imply that sense of charging off into the unknown, sure of our own ability, but without the experience to back it up.  And the crazy eyes of the sea horses suggests the "having to control disparate drives" interpretation...

Still, I hope that today will see some positive forward movement.  Hopefully, I'll have time to get some work done, as several things need some attention pronto.  Of course, this could suggest I'll feel tugged in different directions, which is certainly a possibility.  So, time to get some perspective and prioritise.

I am grateful for the reminder to check where I am before deciding where to go next.

6 comments:

  1. This deck is not really my cup of tea :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough! I'll admit, it's not mine, either. None of them have come up so far, but there are quite a lot of weird, bondage cards, too, people in rubber masks, which don't appeal to me at all. Still, I like to share a variety of decks ;)

      Delete
    2. Yeah...I agree with you on the weird bondage images. Not my fave!

      Delete
    3. Ah well, horses for courses :)

      Delete
  2. Such a whimsical deck! I think it us fun, although I did give my copy to one of my sisters. The title Lost in Space reminds me of the Aimee Mann song of the same name. I love that album, even though it is a somewhat pessimistic album.

    "So baby beware. I'm just pretending to care. Like I'm not even there. Gone but I don't know where..."

    http://youtu.be/UGuOm7_yOL8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I was thinking more of the old TV show (yeah, before my time, but I saw some re-run's). Still, you're right, that's a lovely album, too! Some of the images in this deck are great, but others really put me off. Ah well...
      Hugs,
      Cxxx

      Delete