Friday, 17 January 2014

Masks

For our last day with, we have a card that caught my eye when I first looked through the deck: the Seven of Swords.

A woman in an elegant evening gown, with a black bodice, cream skirt and matching wrap, stands before a huge, stone wall.  Her hair is silver-white, and above her seven shining swords hang in mid-air, Damocles-like.  She faces slightly to the left, yet looks off to the right of the card over her left shoulder.  Behind her, the shadow she casts is that of a dragon!

To me, this hints at the traditional interpretation of sneakiness, yet there is more to it than that.  It can also fit with ideas around working smarter rather than harder, and with doing research.  The dragon does what she can to fit in so as to better achieve her aims, or to learn new things.

Well, I'll be seeing beyond the superficial today, with a scan appointment to see the baby inside me.  This 32-week scan was recommended because there was some concern at 20 weeks regarding his kidneys.  While the obstetrician thinks all is well, I prefer to do the tests to be sure.

I am grateful for the reassurance of technology.

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck on the tests. x :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla! The tests show there's still something to keep an eye on, but my obstetrician helped calm me down about it. He says that there's nothing to be done til the baby comes out anyway, and that 98% of cases sort themselves out in the first month of life. Much better than the scan centre, who advised I go back for another scan in 2 weeks time (yeah, wonder why they might say that!) :)

      Delete
  2. I do hope everything will turn out fine.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen! As I said above, I'm feeling lots calmer about it now. My obstetrician said he's seen cases where the issue was ten times as serious (literally, in centimetres), and still worked itself out :) Hugs to you, too!

      Delete
  3. Lots of love and luck. You know, this strikes me as being more literal than anything. I mean, not that your child is a monster, but the whole form and shadow thing...it reminds me of an X-ray or ultrasound...

    Xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a fun point, MM! And, looking back on it, I also see the scan centre, telling me I should have another scan in 2 weeks time, and probably every two weeks thereafter. They seem nice and professional, but were using slight scare tactics to get me to pay up every fortnight!

      Delete