Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Success

What a positive card to start the New Year.  Today's offering from the Anna K Tarot (Llewellyn, 2013) is the Six of Rods (Wands).

A man stands, crowned with a laurel wreath, arms raised high in a universal sign of victory.  He bears a wand with a red and gold flag, and a loincloth of the same fabric.  Standing on a flower-strewn podium, he smiles as he accepts the cheers and accolades of the crowd around him.

As is so often the case, it's interesting to note that members of the crowd hold the other five wands, not decorated with flags, but wands nonetheless.  Although the man on the podium is the flag-bearer, the symbol of the success achieved, others have played their role, too.  And to be honest, not everyone would feel comfortable standing alone up on that podium. 

This card reminds me that it is good to celebrate our successes, even if they are not entirely personal achievements.  For example, I can celebrate the progress my son has made over the course of 2013, though they have been influenced by many others: my Dear One, his carers, his teachers, his peers, and he himself.  It's a time to celebrate the achievements that I can more directly claim, too.  I haven't yet had time to fill in that part of the 2014 Amazing Year Workbook, so maybe I can do that today...

I am grateful for all that has been achieved this year.

5 comments:

  1. Nice thoughts there, Chloe. You have had a great year, I'd say, so lots to feel proud of personally.

    Happy New Year to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you, PLN! You've had a great year, too, and hopefully 2014 will be even better :)

      Delete
  2. It is such a pleasant experience to write everything down you've achieved. I also want to list the things I want to let go or which I've lost, not yet. I don"t. want to look into the shadows yet :
    Enjoy the reveling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you and wear your laurel wreath with pride! What a great card for the first day of the new year :)

    ReplyDelete