Saturday, 1 February 2014

Lady Luck

This week, we're off to Australia with a colourful, self-published deck: the Bonefire Tarot (Gabrielle West, 2013).

And for the third week in a row, the Star pops up: what a lovely sight!  In this version, there's a dark-haired woman at the centre.  She appears naked, though with her hair and lots of symbols around, there's not all that much skin on show: the metaphor of openness and vulnerability in a form only the most prudish could object to :D A large, eight-pointed star shines from her forehead, and she pours water from two green bottles.  There are a number of other symbols around her: a four-leaf clover; a horseshoe; a pair of crossed and burning bones (the emblem of this deck, also found on the backs); a burning purple Y (not sure what that one is); a goldfish; seven more stars; colourful bunting; and a strange, red, tentacley thing (if someone knows what that's about, I'd love to hear!)

Good luck is definitely suggested here, between the clover, the horseshoe and the goldfish.  And spiritual guidance is hinted at, too, with the Star at her third eye.  A day, then, for taking a chance, for appreciating the good fortune in our lives, and for paying attention to the hints and nudges the Universe may send our way.

It's nice to see this card again, as I also drew it to represent the energy I should embrace this month, and it came up as the outcome card in the reading I had with James Ricklef at the start of the year.  Today, I am attending a conference on hypnotherapy for childbirth.  It counts as Continuing Professional Development for my psychotherapy work, as well as giving me a different perspective on what I've already been working on at a personal level, in preparation for my second child's birth in about 6 weeks.  I see this card saying that this is going to be a guiding light for me, helping me to relax and feel more hopeful that the outcome this time will be happier than the last.

I am grateful for hope.

P.S.  Today is Imbolc or Candlemass, so there will be an extra post at 3pm GMT as part of the Tarot Blog Hop.

8 comments:

  1. Bah! I am going to be blogging with this, too! I don't know for how long...I'm thinking maybe two weeks? Maybe longer? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'll just be doing a week, as per normal. It'll be fun to see if any of our cards crossover...

      Delete
  2. By the way I guess you must know as well that the recent new moon was in Aquarius, and the Star is the card for Aquarius. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I remember reading that, but I hadn't made the connection - thank you!

      Delete
  3. The star is popping up for me a lot to in all kind of different area's like some sort of Synchronicity. I hope it will be a shining compass for you the coming weeks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooooow!!!
    Thank you for sharing! Another Tarot to my wishlist! It's so so so enchanting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful card focus! I'm glad you've been getting the Star so much. I love that it's a focus for you after being stalked by the Tower for so long! When I received the Tower during my daughter's most intense illness times, it was so awful, so scary. I started to receive the Star, also, when things were settling down.

    Sending healing,
    MM

    ReplyDelete