Monday, 24 March 2014

Psychic Tarot of the Heart Oracle BMS

This week, I thought I’d use John Holland’s second deck, the Psychic Tarot of the Heart Oracle, recently released by Hay House (2014).  Like his first deck, although based on traditional tarot numbering and suits, the deck has no Court cards, and no number 10 cards.  Instead, it has seven chakra cards, bringing the total card count up to 65: 36 Aces to Nines, 22 Majors, and 7 Chakras.

Body - Five of Water (Cups) - Change Your Focus

A woman wearing a blue gown and headdress, reminiscent of a nun, gazes to the right.  She stands in a beautiful, landscaped garden, with trees behind her.  To me, this image doesn’t shout traditional Five of Cups words like regret, loss or nostalgia.  Nevertheless, I like the idea of gazing towards the future with clarity, having made a commitment to something.  This seems almost more like the moment after traditional Five of Cups images, with someone who is determinedly turning their face to the future, to what still can be.  As a card for the body, it makes me think of how much of our past is written on our bodies, in the postures we adopt, the patterns we follow. 

Mind - Ace of Air (Swords) - Clarity of Belief

A man stands amid swirls of pink and blue, with a butterfly fluttering off from his left hand, and his right hand over his heart.  He trusts enough in what he believes in to release possibility to the Universe.  This card is well-matched to the spread position - a new clarity in thoughts, a new way of seeing the world.  I like the hand on his heart: things become clearest when we don’t just see them or think them, but feel them, too.  And although thought comes from the mind, belief goes deeper than that.

Spirit - Three of Water (Cups) - Share the Love

This is a strange image for this card.  In the background is the repeated silhouette of a couple, while in the foreground a man’s hand holds out a purple heart around which green light radiates.  Trying to link this to traditional notions, what I see is someone who comes from a secure and loving base, be the couple his parents or himself and his beloved.  From there, he is able to offer compassion and friendship to others.  As the card of spirit, this speaks to me of recognising the love in our lives, and reaching out the hand of friendship. 

This has been a strange and wonderful few weeks for me.  My second son was born, hence why I didn’t manage to post my regular reading/overview last week.  We had to spend five days in hospital, giving him antibiotics.  Now, we are all well and home.

The “Change Your Focus” card speaks to me, loud and clear.  While being in hospital was a reminder of my first son, who spent 17 days in hospital when he was born, almost everything else with this second child is different.  So, I mustn’t dwell on our hospital time, or on what happened with my firstborn.  Instead, I must be present with what is, with the physical reality of this new child.  There are aspects where I feel almost like a first-time mother, so different is this experience.  That’s a good and a bad thing - I feel uncertain, but I am also learning happier habits and patterns. 

This new learning, and being open to it, is emphasised by the second and third cards: I must trust in what I am living now, and open my heart to it.  Spirit is telling me that there is more than enough love in the universe for both my children, and for myself.  I can enjoy and believe in that, rather than worrying about past or future.  And my mind can join with my heart in this, the two don’t have to be at cross-purposes.  There is change afoot, and it is a good thing!

15 comments:

  1. That is the beauty of love You don't have to divide your love between your two sons Your love has doubled the moment this baby was born. I am so happy you are all together and at home now
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's exactly it. Although I 'know' that love is infinite, I was a little worried. But the love seems to have more than doubled - I feel even more loving towards my first son, and to everyone in my life :)
      Big hugs to you, Ellen!

      Delete
  2. Very nice...I'm so glad to hear you're back home with your boys. Safe and well. I hope the baby's transition into the world is smooth and that you get plenty of help and rest. Lots of love! MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MM! We're still not getting as much helpor rest as we'd like, but at least baby two is pretty low maintenance for the moment - eat, sleep, poop, repeat ;)

      Delete
  3. ***CONGRATULATIONS CHLOE!!!***

    Oh yes, and what a lovely reading :) I love that 'change of focus' idea for the Five of Cups.

    But mainly I just wanted to say

    ***CONGRATULATIONS!!***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Beth, I am delighted! And yes, I think that's the advice I might often see in the Five of Cups, even if the traditional emphasis is on where your focus is stuck. Enjoying you blogging regularly again, too, though I don't often manage to comment :)

      Delete
  4. Share the Love absolutely! Warmest congratulations Chloe :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Nion! It is a good lesson to learn, so much love is available :)

      Delete
  5. very interesting deck. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla! Can you see my smile through the cards? :))

      Delete
  7. Lots of congratulations on the birth of your son. Have been thinking about you recently and wondering how things were going. I must have missed this post somehow.

    I was in London yesterday and saw this deck but when I pulled it out and saw the Chakra cards, I just couldn't be bothered to look through it. It is very attractive but the structure of the first one always irked me a bit - being so 'like' tarot but not enough like it.It always felt as though something was missing. But it is very attractive though. Great colours. I said to Hannah, Doreen Virtue should track this artist down for her tarot decks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Princey, yes, I saw that comment over on MM - this artist would definitely be an improvement on that CGI stuff. Your posts totally put me off DV's second Archangel Tarot. And yes, the structure irks me, too, but hey... ;)

      Thanks for the congratulations, we're all over the moon, and Big Boy is dealing very well with becoming Big Brother :D

      Delete
    2. I tried to be as balanced as I could about it. I always wonder why nobody steps in and utters these kind of concerns before publication (it's not only me that had them). She has another one coming out this year, I have heard, so maybe third time lucky.

      I am so pleased that BB is taking all the changes in his stride :)

      Delete