Monday, 14 April 2014

Tarot de St Croix BMS

I saw this deck a while back, and wasn't sure about it, put off slightly by the orange borders, and the stripiness of the Fool.  Yet, something drew me back to the Tarot de St Croix (self-published, 2013), and I ended up clicking to buy it.  I'm very glad I did, I can see this becoming a regular reading deck!  Anyhow, more about that on Friday.  For the moment, here's this week's reading.

Body - Two of Pentacles

A woman stands on a dark/silver pentacle, and reaches her arms up to a gold/white pentacle above her.  She is naked, back to us, with energy pouring like a cleansing shower from the pentacle above her.  A lemniscate of energy flows through her, and the background is a starry sky.

What a beautiful balance of dark and light, keeping energy moving.  This says to me that if I can reach for what I want, while staying grounded, I can achieve a great deal.  Getting the right balance between doing things myself and allowing others to help me, is definitely something I need to work on this week!

Mind - Ace of Wands

A wooden wand burns at one end, while little white and pink flowers bloom along its length.  There is both energy and growth here, a card full of potential.

I hope to feel inspired this week.  Last week felt pretty stressful, and I didn't get much done.  This week, I'd like to take control again a bit more and tick off a few items from my to-do list.

Spirit - Six of Wands

Three women stand together, lighting the candles of those who come to them.  In unity is strength and the ability to share that passion, that light, with others.  Looking in the companion booklet, this is Brigid in her triple goddess form, lighting the candle of inspiration in those who come to her.

Ha, this says to me that I need to reconnect with spirit if I'm to find that Ace of Wands inspiration.  Just brainstorming won't do it, I need to find that balance of body and spirit, of personal and divine, of self and others.

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to depict the six of wands!. I hope you will find the time and peace of mind to light your candle and reconnect with spirit. And if not, know that spirit is always connected to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the most part, I think taking time to reconnect with spirit is about intention - making that a focus. Back to the chop wood thing ;) And as you say, spirit is always connected to us, even if we're not focusing our intention :)

      Delete
  2. Nice post, it's really nice to read about these cards. So far it looks like an exquisite deck that at some point I'd like to own. I love the color palette she has used, and the simple-yet-complete images she depicts….. !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking it better than I expected, as I wasn't sure about the colour palette. As you say, simple images, yet with a lot in there :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Dear Chloe!!! Congratulations!!!!! Tarde pero seguro!!! :) I love your posts: clear, detailed and inspiring, A huge kiss and Muchísimas Estrellas,(son chiquitas en comparación!) as you have the greatest in the world: your Two Brightest Suns!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Las Magas, thanks for your ever-kind words. I am delighted and happy with my boys, they are wonderful. Hope you are doing well, just saw your star post. So funny, I'll be blogging with the Goddess Tarot next week! Muchísimas Estrellas para vos también! Chloë

      Delete