Thursday, 1 May 2014

Beltane Blog Hop

Tarot de St Croix
Previous Blog / Master List Next Blog

The Wheel turns, and once again Beltane is upon us.  Traditionally, this festival is associated with lovers committing to one another, if only for a year, and with bonfires and flowers.  Our wrangler for this hop, Aisling the Bard, challenged us to consider the "union of opposites" aspect of the Lovers card from the tarot in writing our posts.

As a double Gemini (rising and sun sign), I often experience that sense of having opposing forces battling it out inside of me.  So, it seemed like a good opportunity to try out a little spread to look at them.

1+2 - What opposing forces are playing out within me right now?
3 - What can I do to unite those forces?

Having taken a real shine to it, I asked Lisa de St Croix if she would mind me blogging a bit more with her deck (2013).  As she was willing, here goes:

1 - Four of Wands

On the one hand, I feel quite celebratory and energised.  My path ahead seems clear, and draws me forward with enthusiasm and delight.  In the last couple of months I have moved home and given birth to a wonderful, healthy baby boy.  Now, at least theoretically, I have lots of other things that I would like to charge ahead with: some in-house training videos, and an online Lenormand course, to name just two.

2 - Justice

On the other hand, I need to weigh up my priorities, and perhaps take a good long look at how things went in the past.  These plans are things that, based on how much work I put into my face-to-face teaching, require quite a lot of time and effort.  And children, likewise, are a fair bit of work, especially in the early days.  While my Little One is very good, as these things go, I'm still up several times every night feeding and changing him, and taking care of him occupies a lot of my "waking" time, too.  Lady Justice calls on me to be realistic, and prioritise appropriately, despite my Four of Wands enthusiasm.

3 - Nine of Cups

The main message I get from this card is to enjoy this time, enjoy my baby, and enjoy my inspiration.  I may not get as much done as that Four of Wands energy would like, but when I do get to work, I may be able to put more heart and soul into my plans.  I love those angels, pouring down their blessings into this woman's cup.  I need to give thanks for what I have, and soak in all the divine inspiration I can get, rather than feeling torn by trying to do everything at once.  The message here seems to be that taking things more slowly will pay off, both in terms of what I can put into each project, and the enjoyment I will get from life.

So, what opposing forces are playing out in you right now, and how can you draw them together most productively?  I'd love to hear how you get on if you try this out, too!

Previous Blog / Master List Next Blog

7 comments:

  1. Great spread, I will store it away in my memory for a later date. Blessed Beltane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a splendid card to end your reading with!
    In time you will get used to all the changes in your life and gradually little gaps of free time will reappear. And in the meantime enjoy every minute :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, thank you. Enjoy your Nine of Cups time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice, Chloe, both the spread, and reading your own personal application. I love seeing this deck in action, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chloe, i can already feel your 9 of cup moments, with baby and all you seem to be coping so beautifully and enjoying every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat spread, I look forward trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful little spread, and a great interpretation for your own situation. That Justice card will come in handy during this time of change. :)

    ReplyDelete