Monday, 5 May 2014

Tarot of the Sweet Twilight BMS

This week, I dug out another deck that's been in my collection since it first came out, the Tarot of the Sweet Twilight (Lo Scarabeo, 2009).  It's another that I can't believe I haven't blogged with before, a firm favourite that I have used a lot, both for myself and for clients.  Although not entirely traditional, I've always found it very readable and intuitive.

Body - King of Wands

Don't you just love this guy?  He looks like some kind of seventies icon, with his leafy, green hair, his little beard, and his rust-coloured clothing.  So full of charisma, he attracts pretty girls to twirl around him.  The King of passion, with those red hearts piling up in the background.  I guess you could see him as a heart-breaker, but more positively he is a natural leader, full of energy, who follows his heart.

I'm glad to see this card here, suggesting a renewed sense of energy and dynamism.  Perhaps, after having had a couple of naps at the weekend, I'll feel more energised to get on with some of those projects I was talking about last week!

Mind - Ten of Pentacles

Ha, this lady makes me think of Morticia from the Addams family.  It's not a bad comparision for the Ten of Pentacles.  After all, Morticia had a nice house and a supportive if somewhat crazy family where the generations mingled.  And inheritance was definitely something they took into consideration.  So, while the lady with a drama-queen pose and a bunny on the back stairs may not be traditional, it works for me.

I'm certainly thinking about family and the traits we've inherited from our ancestors this week, as I'll be standing as godmother to one of my cousin's children this weekend.  So, I'm looking forward to seeing family, even if we are all a mixed-up bunch.

Spirit - Knight of Pentacles

At first glance, you'd be forgiven for thinking this was the Knight of Cups, with his flying-fish steed, and the sea below.  Yet, there is a pentacle on his hat, and he looks longingly back to shore.  Being wary of new and emotional challenges fits with the Knight of Pentacles, and though this isn't how I'd normally see him, I still like this card.

To me, this card says not to try going off in a new direction spiritually, but to stick with the tried and tested, what works for me.  Keep It Simple, Sister :)

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better after having some naps.
    Be careful with this regained energy Perhaps the knight is telling you also to keep it simple with other projects too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, you're not wrong, Ellen! I've been working a bit too much so far this week, but it's so exciting :) Finally heard from US Games, things are moving with the Celtic Lenormand. And I'd also been working on a couple of other Lenormand-themed projects before I heard from them. I see the Knight of Pentacles talking about slow and steady work, on things which are spiritual but also inspiring to my King of Wands side :)

      Delete