Saturday, 21 June 2014

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

Previous Blog/ Master List/ Next Blog

I had to look twice to make sure that the topic for this Tarot Blog Hop wasn't posted by the fabulous Arwen, Professional Joy Seeker.  Although it would have been right up her street, in fact it was the equally fabulous Olivia of First Earth Tarot who proposed the following questions:

What are you joyful about? What brings light to your heart? How do you spread joy to others? 

I decided to condense those questions down to two, and explore each with a quick, three-card Lennie draw using my own Kindergarten Lenormand (2nd Edition, The GameCrafter, 2014)

What brings joy to my life right now? - Lord, Sun, Woman




Well, the first answer is that my relationship brings me joy.  Just look at the Lord and the Woman, with that happy sun shining its light on them both from the middle, what a perfect response to this question!  I am deeply grateful for my Dear One, who is a wonderful father, a loving man, and very supportive of all my deck buying and other tarot-related pursuits :D

Looking at these cards from a more psychological perspective, I see it saying that I find joy when I achieve a balance between my rational mind and dynamism, and my more nurturing side.  These last few weeks, I've felt a little closer to that, as though I am managing to be myself and to be mother to my children.  It feels joyful to work on some of my own projects, while not feeling like I'm deserting my sons.

How can I spread joy to others? - Storks, Rider, Birds


Hmm, my first response to this was also pretty prosaic - call friends and family more often to share news of the changes in our lives: be it moving home, having a new baby, job news, whatever...  I haven't been great at keeping in touch with friends and family, and letting them know about my new baby (now 14 weeks).  My Dear One let most of our shared friends and closest family know about the birth, and my mother shared the news with more distant family and various colleagues we have in common. I've barely managed to upload a few pics to Facebook!  So, encouragement to reach out more... it's a two-way joy street when we connect, share, and feel heard!

These are my answers to Olivia's questions, what are yours?  Wishing you a joyful Solstice!

Previous Blog/ Master List/ Next Blog

27 comments:

  1. And a joyful Solstice to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a happy Solstice
    I am happy your are gradually finding you balance again!
    Tonight I am going to try this too with my Lennies. Must be doable even for me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ellen, I hope you find joy in playing with your Lennies again. I've always found your interpretations beautiful and to the point. And yes, it's good to find my balance, a little. Happy Solstice! :D

      Delete
  3. What lovely readings! It's beautiful how the Lord and Lady were united by the Sun…. I adore that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I couldn't have wished for a better grouping :)

      Delete
  4. I'm amazed you have time for anything else at all with your bundle of joy to keep you busy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I feel blessed that this baby actually sleeps some of the time :D Course, it'll probably all change once he starts crawling *eek*!

      Delete
  5. I love the beautiful simplicity of your KL images :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen :) It's nice to hear, as when I started drawing them, my Dear One said "But you can't draw!" He's changed his tune now - not that my drawings are great, but they do the job :D

      Delete
    2. Everybody can and should draw :) it'd make the world a sweeter place :)

      Delete
    3. I second that! You've done a great job Chloe!

      Delete
    4. Thanks Karen and Ellen. I've been told my drawings are definitely above Kindergarten level, maybe at the level of a 9 year old :D Still, I enjoyed the process, too, and that's big for me!

      Delete
  6. I like your KL images too - I remember thinking how great they were when I came to your workshop. And as Ania said, I'm amazed at how you manage to do so much! But I'm very glad you do this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison! They were fun to draw, and I also enjoyed re-editing them for this second edition with playing card inserts :) As I say, fortunately the little one still sleeps a fair bit...

      Delete
  7. That is a sweet-looking little deck - and it's in it's second printing - that's wonderful!! Lovely insights from them too! I look forward to more pix!! Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you've not long to wait as I'll be blogging with it next week :D Have decided to do a few Lennie weeks in a row, seeing as they've been neglected for so long on here!

      Delete
  8. How do I not own this deck? And I find it interesting how the horse of the rider seems to transform into a stork in that second line of three. I have no idea what it means, but it's interesting. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, until a week ago this deck was only available to people who came on my workshops :D

      Interesting about the Rider morphing into the Storks. At a spiritual level, I see the Rider as being about earth angels spreading messages from spirit, and the Storks are all about progress and moving upward... More prosaically, news of change helps us take flight, moving on in our lives? ;)

      Delete
  9. Lenormand is alll about the practical :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't get the Lennormand, but I can see where you're coming from. Thanks, Chloe and I'm glad your family bring you such enJOYment too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love 'em or hate 'em, family always matters! Fortunately, despite any troubles, mine are all lovely :)

      Delete
  11. What a great Lenormand deck you've created there! I am just getting into the Lenormand and learning about all the different decks out there. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit, drawing it in the first place and editing up this second edition to publish on the Game Crafter both brought me joy, too :) Glad to hear you're getting into Lenormand's, I think they are fascinating!

      Delete
  12. Chloe, how you keep up this writing and creating production while raising small children is way beyond me, but power to ya. :) And joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's a fun activity for me in my downtime, and like I say, for the moment the little one still sleeps a fair bit ;)

      Delete