Monday, 21 July 2014

Maroon Tarot Reading

This week's deck is another I've had in my collection for years, since it was first published.  I was first introduced to the Maroon Tarot (self-published, 2009) when I won the Majors-only (2007) version in a TABI competition.  When the full deck came out, I was already sold.

Situation - Four of Wands

This Four of Wands has something of the Ten of Wands to it: a figure carrying a bunch of Wands towards a house.  Yet, there are only four wands - the burden is still a light one - and the house is close by, rather than away up a long, hard path.  The house is small, but it is illuminated from above: there is joy here, and a good foundation from which to branch out, seeking additional opportunities without straying too far from our comfort zone.

Don't - Five of Swords

My, what a bleak version of this card! A bald, naked figure crouches before a deep, dark pit.  Swords hang over the scene, shrouded in fog.  Yet, there is golden sunlight piercing the clouds to illuminate the figure, giving hope that they will find their way past this obstacle, beyond this pit of despair.

Do - Three of Cups

A blue, butterfly-winged fairy stands, illuminated by a pale light from behind.  Before her sit two more female figures.  They all seem to be on a rock in the middle of a tumultuous river, with the water dropping over a cliff in front of them.  Though surrounded by wild emotions, they appear calm and confident: strength in numbers, perhaps.

Last week ended up being rather focused on my elder son, with various meetings at school and elsewhere.  Still, I did manage to get some work done, too.  In this week's reading, I see the suggestion to acknowledge what I have done and build on that, rather than focusing on all that remains undone.  As for the Three of Cups, on the one hand I hope to meet with some friends this week.  On the other hand, I have a number of online friends whom I feel are there for me and who I hope feel supported by me.  So, a time to focus on these networks!

9 comments:

  1. Looking at them on the screen, the cards look three-dimensional - as if you could really reach into those frames. Really emotive pack, by the looks of it.

    Hope you manage to get some 3-of-Cups-time this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve, I'm certainly trying :) And yes, the cards are pretty stunning!

      Delete
  2. I rather like the pit of despair in this card. Somehow it shifts the meaning more to what's happening inside of you. Seeking out friends is a great way to leave that pit and walk into the sunshine:
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ellen, some of the takes are really quite different and "strange" to RWS eyes, but that one in particular works very well.
      Wishing you a wonderful week, too!

      Delete
  3. The reading makes sense and the deck is very interesting and has a unique feel to it. I hope you have a rejuvenating time with your friends this week--I know you could use it! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MM! Bet you could use some rejuvenating time, too. Though your "spa day" looked nice :D
      Hugs!

      Delete
  4. The colors in the deck look very impressive; like an aurora! In person they must be even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely description! Yes, they are lovely, one of those decks I sometimes wish had larger cards :)

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful deck! I've never seen it before and now I am very intrigued :) I think you have a very supportive and healing presence online - even amongst the wider virtual world.

    ReplyDelete