Friday, 1 August 2014

Finding Our Inner Queen of Pentacles

Previous Blog/ Master List/ Next Blog

The Wheel of the Year keeps turning, and so we come to another Tarot Blog Hop.  For this round, Joanna Ash asked us to think about how we manifest abundance, how we channel our inner Queen of Pentacles.

With two fairly young kids and a house to keep running, as well as various work projects on the go at once, and a few craft projects for the odd free moment, I am feeling more Queen of Pentacles-y than I have ever done before :)  Nevertheless, learning to better channel her energies would still be a good idea - maybe I could be doing all that in a more organised, effective way...

Inspiring myself in the Radiant Rider Waite (US Games, 2005), I designed a little spread to explore this.  And as there are five aspects, I laid it out in a pentacle shape:

1) Bower of Roses - how can I better enjoy life's abundance?

2) Pentacle -  how can I better manage my finances?

3) Throne - how can I feel more secure, more grounded?

4) Greenery - what would help me eat better?

5) Rabbit - how can I be more creative?

I pulled cards to answer this from the beautiful Tarot de St. Croix (2013):
1) Bower of Roses - how can I better enjoy life's abundance? - Five of Pentacles

What I principally see here is a renewal of my gratitude practice.  I can better enjoy the abundance in my life by recognising how much I have, and giving thanks for it.  And by enjoying the feeling of spiritual abundance, as well as physical abundance.

2) Pentacle -  how can I better manage my finances? - Page of Swords

Well, no surprises there, I guess.  To better manage my finances, I need to actually do the maths: keep records, balance my accounts, and put some thought into budgeting.  Still, I like the Fibonacci diagram to his right: both small and large decisions count, and there can be a beauty to a neat set of accounts :)

3) Throne - how can I feel more secure, more grounded? - Three of Cups

Such a lovely card, and one that came up for me just last week, too.  Other people help keep me grounded, reminding me that there is more to life than my own little corner of it.

4) Greenery - what would help me eat better? - Three of Wands

Focusing outward, both on what I want to achieve and what I've accomplished so far, will help me eat better.  I also see in this the fact that keeping busy helps me snack less...

5) Rabbit - how can I be more creative? - Five of Swords

While the Queen of Pentacles can be a very responsible figure, this card suggests allowing my inner child some leeway if I want to tap into creativity.  It's all well and good being capable and efficient, but a little fun is called for, too!

So, what does your inner Queen of Pents recommend today?

Previous Blog/ Master List/ Next Blog

P.S. If you enjoy these blog hops, you can join the Blog Hop Community page to be informed when they take place and have your say in future topics etc.  And if you want to join the hop yourself, just ask!

23 comments:

  1. "do the maths" cracked me up. Lovely spread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great spread Chloe! I've drawn one card to answer the question: Ten of Swords (whoops) I read it as: stop fretting, get up and do something nice and nurturing for yourself !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good plan to me, Ellen :)
      Hugs,
      Cxx

      Delete
  3. Excellent post!!!!! Clear and detailed...beautiful! Muchas Estrellas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely spread - I must try that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading your post, I realise mine was also quite a swords-y approach to being pentacular - as is a list! :D

      Delete
  5. Great spread, Chloe - another one to try out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely spread and deck, Chloe, but so with you on the busy mum with young kids front! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they sure keep us on our toes :D

      Delete
  7. Love it! Though... I'm looking at Page of Swords and thinking maybe hire a fit young account! :D Get your finances under your belt this year and you can pay someone else to worry about it next year... Though by then you may find you've started to like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that sounds like a rather Queen of Wands assessment of that Page ;) Good advice, Karen, thanks!

      Delete
    2. Lol Under every Q of P is a Q of W waiting to erupt like a volcano :D

      Delete
  8. I'll be doing this spread later today. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aisling. Fun that we both incorporated Pentacles into our answer, in such different ways. Note to self: write more poetry :)

      Delete
  9. Wonderful spread, and I can so resonate with you! I love that you used this beautiful deck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia. This is definitely my favourite new deck of the year :)

      Delete
  10. Fantastic spread - very innovative! Will try this tomorrow! Thanks Chloe :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Ali. Haven't gotten around to Thrones yet, but am looking forward to it! :)

      Delete
  11. Excellent variety of home and self elements to explore in this spread. Definitely QofP renewal time when you have small children!

    ReplyDelete