Monday, 8 September 2014

Ghost Tarot Reading

From last week's neo-Victorian creatures, this week we move to the very modern, CGI Ghost Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2014).

Situation -The World

A ghostly figure swims within a green,glowing crystal ball.  She wears nothing but a draping of material, and lines of light flow from her, or to her.  Do those lines feed her, or bind her?  Given this is the World card, the former seems more likely.  Yet, altogether, it is a rather claustrophobic version of what is more often a joyous card.  I am tempted to see here more the idea of finality, completing a cycle, and perhaps realising how confined you have been.  There is a hope for a wider experience and a new start.

Don't - Five of Swords

In the foreground, a rather annoyingly plastic-looking figure smiles as he holds three swords, with two more in the ground just in front of him.  Meanwhile, two rather despondent,ghostly figures walk away from him, towards a lake.  Above the scene, a rainbow fills the blue side of the sky, with clouds above the smug figure.  The expression that comes to mind is "giving up the ghost".

Do - Eight of Swords

A woman stands, with hands bound and eyes covered atop a rocky outcropping.  Behind her, a pair of angel wings rise up.  Is she aware of the wings?  Though her hands are bound and she cannot see, if she just dares to take flight, she will be safe.  This card has a Fool quality to it, as her left foot seems poised to step off the boulder, into the unknown.

I'm hoping the World indicates some kind of a new start, breaking free from the bubble of worry around my elder son, and just plain demandingness of the younger.  I see this reading recommending not to give up on my own aspirations, hopes and dreams.  Though I may feel somewhat tied up with childcare duties and concerns, that doesn't mean I can't think about the things that I want to do.  After all, planning is half the job... :)

6 comments:

  1. Thinking about your own plans and ideas can be so inspirational. Like keep the motor running while the gear is in neutral, Warming up you creative juices. As long as you are enjoying it and not resenting the fact you can get anything done. YET
    Just go to you inner studio where everything is possible and all you supplies are there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that metaphor, Ellen: keeping your creative motor running :) And I have actually managed to get a few things done... Still, I shall keep my inner studio ready and equipped for flights of fancy! :D

      Delete
  2. It certainly is an interesting 8 of Swords! I haven't seen much of this deck, so it's nice to view some of its images in this context of a reading. I wish you well with your babes, and your ongoing work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia :) I'm not yet sure about this deck, some of the images are really interesting, and others don't quite make it... Will do an overview on Friday :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Chloe! At first sight the world card image doesn't look so "happy" to me, but watching in detail I see she has this vision and means she will take action, as she has the power and tools to do it; I see as the lights come from her, to the world. I wish you and family be well :) Te mando un beso enorme y las más brillantes Muchas Estrellas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Las Magas, yes, I didn't think it looked that "happy" at first. But it's certainly full of energy. Gracias por los besos, y te mando también muchas estrellas relucientes! :)

      Delete