Monday, 29 September 2014

Kitty Kahane Tarot Reading

Having seen this deck around a few times before, I was never very impressed with the artwork or colour palette.  Then, Little Red wrote a post about the Tower card (my beloved stalker, though it hasn't been coming up as much, of late).  That persuaded me and, clickety-click, the Kitty Kahane Tarot (AGM Urania, 2006, OOP) came winging it's way to me :)

Situation - Two of Swords

What I notice here are the faces on the rocks behind her, and beneath her.  Perhaps a situation of feeling a bit blocked because of the opinions of others?  And the strange fruit on her dress.  At first, from the colour, I thought pomegranate, but the shape is more like a pineapple.  Either way, my first impression sticks, and I think that the way out of this stalemate comes from listening to intuition, rather than pure logic.

Don't - Ace of Wands

The Ace of Wands has a lion behind it, and a woman on the wrist of the hand that holds it.  There's also the suggestion of a shooting star, flowers growing out of the wand, and a small heart or mouth opening up beneath to release the wand, or maybe try to nibble on it...   Okay, this deck is definetely weird, but I like it! 

A new energy, with lots going on.  The chance to seize an opportunity, to take the bit between your teeth.  Yet, as the "Don't" card, it says that it's not time to go charging into grabbing something new and running with it.

Do - Ten of Wands

Another cat in this card, though this one looks more like a tiger.  Yet, I'm not sure the figure can even see the big cat, with all those wands in front of his face.  The building behind is interesting, too.  When we are caught up in our projects, we are often oblivious of the things and people around us.  Yet, that isn't always a bad thing: sometimes it is necessary to focus on what we already have going on, so as to get things done.

For myself, I definitely see the suggestion that, if uncertain this week, I should choose to work on something I have already started.  I am often easily distracted by new, exciting ideas/decks/projects.  That doesn't always serve me well, though, and I do already have quite a few things on the go.  So, that's where I'll try to channel my energy!

8 comments:

  1. Not entirely my taste but definitely a quirky deck.
    This reading could have been for me. Lots of idea's and wanting new things to try out but I tend to forget the ten wands I've already picked up :)
    It's time to pull out the todo lists again !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, Ellen, several people have said the same about this reading - something going on right now with Mercury Retrograde, perhaps. It's a good time to finish up old projects, rather than starting something new :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I've been waiting eagerly for you to start blogging with this deck! I too am intrigued by the little faces and hands and feet which pop up everywhere...it seems particularly interesting on the Two of Swords, doesn't it - usually such a solitary-feeling card. And I would love to ask Kitty Kahane about the lions and tigers and cats...

    I love your take on the Ten of Wands here, especially in contrast to the Ace. It's true - when it turns out you've picked up a lot of projects, sometimes the only thing to do is to carry on working through them until you can get everything tied up (and perhaps learn the art of saying 'no' for the future!)...though I suspect I'm talking more about myself here ;)

    Good luck with your busy week Chloe! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yeah, the art of saying 'no' is a tough one for a lot of us, Beth! And you're also right, the Two of Swords is normally so solitary. I think that's one thing I'm loving about this deck, at first glance it's so RWS, and then you look again and spot all these little things that make you see the reading differently :)

      Delete
  3. I love this deck. I got it some years ago from TKMax. Great to see it here and look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not surprised you have this one, Steve. Good RWS base, yet plenty of additional interesting flourishes. I'm finding it so good for reading with!

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure about this deck - the artwork is quite unusual, but I like how you've talked about it and pointed out details in the images. Stop ENABLING me!!! And I'll just blame Little Red for the enabling as well! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this deck so much more than I expected to. If I was doing lots of readings, I'd be doing them all with this deck right now! :)

      Delete