Monday, 17 November 2014

Esmeralda Lenormand Reading

This week, it's the turn of another self-published Lenormand: the Esmeralda Lenormand (Karla Souza, date unknown).  A vibrant little deck, there's much to say about it, but that can wait til Friday...

Today's reading gives us: Tree, Stars, Moon, Bear, Fox.  I feel inspired to take a slightly looser approach to interpreting them than usual, so here are my riffs:

Reputation is improved by connecting with your roots and using your skills with strength.
Emotional well-being flourishes with spiritual insights, healthy-eating, and being willing to take off your mask.
Look to nature to help deal with strong emotions caused by deceptive diet.

I will admit, I've been fighting some sugar cravings over the last few days.  So, the advice to go out into nature and let the cold air breathe through me feels like a good one.  And hopefully, with that will come a little more emotional well-being.  Nature is wonderful for connecting to spirit, too, and there's no need to hide when it's just you and the elements...

9 comments:

  1. This is a great advice. I hope you find some piece of mind outside in nature my friend. it is waiting to embrace and care for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at the moment it's raining, and I haven't left the house all day. Still, it is a reading for the week... :D

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I like this deck. I've not experimented with Lenormand cards as I've not seen any that stylistically float my boat, but these really are lovely!

    I always find it interesting when 'reputation' comes up in a reading. Are you getting that from the tree or from the stars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these are pretty funky! And they are designed to help beginners learn the Lenormand system, too - I'll write a bit more about that on Friday :)

      As for reputation, that is a common keyword for the Moon - very different from the Tarot Moon! The idea, I guess, is that the Moon reflects the light of the sun, and our reputation is based on how we are reflected in other people's eyes... :)

      Delete
    2. P.S. I interpreted it differently on the TABI blog, broke the meanings down, and introduced the idea of the changes that are coming... :)

      Delete
  3. That's a nice way to read it - nature helping with health, in general. These cards really do highlight what's so lovely about the wild...the trees, the moon shining above, and the stars glinting. I suppose we'd all be healthier if we just connected more frequently with nature. Exercise has always been annoying to me because it's basically an invention of the technology age. It seems that through the majority of human existence, simply engaging in the tasks of life was exercise enough! Nice thoughts for this November afternoon, as I'm sitting here freezing my toes off in...sunny Florida! Cold Florida! Clearly I need to go for a walk... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so many Lenormand cards point to nature, which was a big inspiration for me with the Celtic Lenormand. While I love exercise, I certainly take your point, that we wouldn't need it if we were active and outside more. I took a nice walk with my Dear One and the baby yesterday - wonderful to see the fall colours, and feel the bite of the season really setting in :) Hope you got out a bit, too, Olivia!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I love this reading :)
    Last night I went on a winter woods walk with a group of women. It felt like I was welcoming winter, and today I feel marvellously rejuvenated. :) During chilly months I tend to bundle up with my slippers and my tea... and as much as I *do love* that, I miss my time with nature. I really appreciate this post this morning... reminding me to do more outside time. Maybe doggie gets an extra long walk today xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, welcoming winter as a group sounds lovely! Yes, I have a tendency to huddle at home, then layer up to go out and enjoy the heath, then back to huddling ;) A dog is a great way not to forget the outside!

      Delete