Monday, 22 December 2014

Dondorf Lenormand App Reading

This week's deck is actually an app: the Dondorf Lenormand app from The Fool's Dog.  I like the slightly off straight depiction that the email function sent through, makes it feel less "automated"...

Clouds, Woman, Key, Bear, Bouquet
Passivity and depression are solved through finding a creative mentor. 
A woman turns her back on ambiguity, finding security in an invitation from her mother. 
Intuitive uncertainty is resolved through insights around creative mothering. 
A woman's worries are resolved by creative food choices. 

Several of these feel relevant to me in one way or another.  Last week was tough, as my elder son had some really painful health issues.  We felt at a bit of a loss about what to do.  While we seem to have found an acceptable compromise, there is still some uncertainty around what the problem/s is/are.  My mum is coming over for Christmas, and it's true I often look to her for good ideas: she has a different, creative perspective on things.  And the gift of being a mother to a normal child, has made this easier to bear: that every day has smiles and achievements as well as pain and uncertainty. 

Another aspect is that I've been worrying about Christmas.  Will I be able to stick to my sugar free diet, which I've done for three and a half months, now?  And do I even want to, or would I like to allow myself a Christmas treat?  We'll see...

To read journal prompts based on this line, click here.

6 comments:

  1. This line is offering you a lot of food for thoughts and options to choose from. That's what I love about reading cards cards; they show you lots of different ways to look at a situation.
    I have this app too and it is a great way to practice Lenormand
    Wishing you a lot wisdom to make the right choices for yourself and a lovely time with your mother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen! I did have a lovely time with my mum, and my elder boy is doing lots better, too. As for the food, I allowed myself some chocolate and biscuits on Christmas Day, and have gone back to eating healthily ever since - a good compromise :)

      Delete
  2. I like the Key in the middle of the line - it's like an air punch 'Yes'! I hope you, your mum and your family have special times together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely way of seeing it, Margo :D And yes, we had a lovely time. Hope you had an enjoyable festive period, too!

      Delete
  3. You have had a tough week, and I'm happy the woman isn't staring at the Mountain but the Key! Glad to know you'll get some mothering of your own soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and it got tougher with us all having the flu. Still, my mum made red cabbage following a German recipe - good, Queen of Pentacles style nurturing :D Hope you took good care of yourself, too, Bev!

      Delete