Wednesday, 18 February 2015

Wings of Change Lenormand

As those who receive my newsletter already know, I've been working on another deck for the last year and a half.  Now, I've uploaded the images and am waiting for the prototype to make it back to me so I can check the brightness and colour contrast.  The last thing I need is a final decision on the card backs.  I'd love if you took a look at the shortlist and answered the one question survey to help me choose!

What is this deck all about, you might well ask?  It's a faery-themed Lenormand.  Faeries, after all, are both otherworldly and immensely practical.  They are nature-based, like much of the Lenormand imagery.  And while magical, they focus on everyday needs like a healthy environment, having enough to eat, and feeling safe.

When I asked the cards what I should say about them today, this was the answer I received:

Man, Coffin, Boat
Looks a bit gloomy, and there is a sadness in me that the active, creative part of this process is finished (Man/Coffin).  The cards have been completed, now it's all about waiting for the decks to arrive (languishing journey - Coffin/Boat), and then selling them.  While I love creating, I don't love selling.  Still, my plan is to be very laid back about that part, I'm in no rush...

Another thing I get from this reading is about actively (Man) embracing the nostalgia (Boat) of the ending (Coffin).  Looking back over the creative process, and sharing some of that. 

For example, does the image from the boat remind you of a particular film?  Here's one of the images I sent Liz, the artist who worked with me on this deck, as inspiration for the Boat :)

   

10 comments:

  1. Well with this line of three they have been send into the world.
    The reading is very clear and the cards look lovely. I can imagine the creating is much more fun than the selling: Some many people judging your project and wanting to change things etc etc etc
    Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's true, Ellen. This is my first step into the world with this deck officially and openly - a little scary :) The reading was lovely, though, and I think the cards have a charm all their own :)
      Thanks again, dear friend!

      Delete
  2. Oh I am so with you on the fun of creating vs. the not-so-fun part of selling. I just don't think I have that salesman gene in me. :) I really like the watermark look of the card suits with the Lenormand numbers and card numbers on them - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm planning to just let it happen organically - whenever I've spoken at Conferences or run workshops, people have bought my decks, even the Kindergarten. So, that's about as hard-sell as I want to get :D As for the watermark, that was Liz's idea and execution - lovely to have an artist on board for such things :)

      Delete
  3. Done!

    It's looking good btw! <3

    AX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commented here. Did it get lost? :(

    Well, just stopped by to vote and also say that the cards look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see another comment from you, so thoroughly lost, I'm afraid.

      Thanks, Steve, for voting and for saying the cards look fab :)

      Delete
  5. Where, oh where do the lost comments go? Just lost my first attempt at making a comment! For me these three beautiful cards have a quality, a nuance of Narnia-meets-Faeryland, of a world in which what has a sense of karmic "rightness" is blended with an empowering healing magick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, if only I knew - I've fumed a fair few times when comments disappeared like smoke on a misty morning! What a lovely description of the cards, Mordreth, thank you, I'm very glad you like them :D

      Delete